A print optimization strategy will provide you with the information and tools needed to meet your objectives. The first step is a print discovery and assessment. Make sure you list your objectives before proceeding
- reduce print cost
- reduce the number high-cost desktop printers
- Understand the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Track and monitor current user behaviour
- consolidate asset platforms
- Periodically monitor, track and report back changes/trends based on future growth.
- create a workflow diagram/chart of your current business processes
- calculate labour time to process
- determine the time to process
- determine any hidden cost: example interest on late payments
- identify any saving: example early payment discount
Discovery & Assessment
The key objective of the Print Assessment is to improve the effectiveness of resources like your printing, scanning, copying, and faxing capabilities so they align the capabilities of your organization.
The print assessment is designed to deliver in-depth analysis of multiple areas in the office print environment. It will examine the number of devices, location and their costs, including acquisition, installation, colour usage, maintenance, consumable expenses and environmental impact. Both the present state and desired future state should be explored in detail.
Your current MFP/copier supplier should be able to assist you with the assessment at a minimum cost. If your current supplier does not provide this service, we at ECS Digital (email@example.com) would be able to assist you.